Saturday, December 28, 2013

Bumbles Bounce

Happy holidays! Christmas was great, we saw old friends and hung out with the family (there was a slight tragedy involving the death of a peanut butter cookie, but otherwise things went smoothly), and we've all been eating enough junk food to last us until next year. However, the most interesting Christmas tradition that my family holds to is, by far, that of the moving Bumble:
(I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture, I'm afraid)

The Bumble (as seen in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) came from my aunt's garage sale, about two years ago. Mom pulled him out for Christmas later that year, and about three days after that, I found him underneath my towel when I was trying to get out of the shower. Since then, hiding the Bumble has become a holiday tradition. About the same time the Christmas tree goes up, the Bumble comes out from his storage box along with all the other decorations, and then promptly disappears. I'm usually the first victim. He'll appear in places where you least expect (found him in the freezer once), and once he's found, he'll disappear again for the next person to find. Usually, it's between my mom and me, but we've dragged my dad and brother into it from time to time. Some of them are pretty mean. This year, I decided to document the whole thing for your enjoyment:






Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

S.R. Koch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments!