Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Great Jacket Project

 I can't believe I've never thought of this before.

For the longest time, I've had a pale gray American Eagle sweatshirt that I got second-hand from a friend. The other day, during English class, I was wearing this sweatshirt, and in my right hand, I was holding a sharpie. I was staring at the cuff of the sweatshirt, and I was seized by the sudden urge to draw all over it. It then occurred to me that the entire sweatshirt was a huge, blank canvas just waiting to be drawn on.


 At home, I found that I had a package of mostly unused fabric markers. I dug these out of a closet, and set to work drawing vines on the cuffs of the sleeves. My original intention was to do vines all down the arms and over the shoulders, but another idea occurred to me. Before I knew it, I had a squid down one arm, a lizard down the other, a cat on the hood, and a stag beetle on the back. I also filled in the eagle outline on the front, and added a little fish with a wide-eyed look of terror for it to chase.
 Basically, this is how I've spent my Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments!