Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cover Page Progress...

Well, time for a bit of art.
The surface of my desk now looks something like this:

...And if you're a bit of a neat-freak, you'll be appalled to know that my floor is about ten times worse (I had to wade through knee-deep junk to get to my desk).

I've  nearly completed the As Yet Unnamed Story (Finished writing, that is--editing, re-editing, and editing yet again is an entirely different story), and have begun work on the cover image. This involves resurrecting some ill-used watercoloring skills that I probably haven't employed for three or four years now. My basic assessment at the moment: painting grass sucks. However, the penciled image that I came up with is my greatest to date, and I have an extra copy in case of a fatal screw-up. So far, my mistakes have been small enough to blot out with a paper towel, so I have hopes of pulling this off.

In the meantime, the latest chapter is up, introducing the professor Nero Arianrhod. As far as characters go, he's one of my favorites--absent-minded, intelligent, with his nose stuck in a book 65% of his waking life. If you've been following this story regularly, you'll find that the editing process is already begun, and some of the story towards the beginning has been gradually updated. I hope you continue to read and enjoy this story, and as always, feel free to leave comments or ideas at the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments!